How the Brella was Discovered
What's Unique about the Brella?
The Brella is unique from other rain coats because you have:
- total freedom of movement for the upper body and arms
- universal fit … one size fits most
- the option to adjust the fit around the waist
- total waterproof protection from head-to-waist
- the option to peel back the head area increasing peripheral vision
- a sleeveless garment that has a sleeve opening
The Brella integrates the best features of a rain jacket and a poncho into one high quality rain jacket:
- High performance
- Head-to-waist protection
- Non-restrictive freedom of motion
- Unisex, one size fits most
Patented Retractable Hood ensuring custom peripheral vision.
The Brella is packable into the pocket and comes with a loop that can be hooked to a carabiner or other fastening device. Easy to store in or attach to your backpack, canoe, kayak, fishing basket, car or other small storage space.
Dimenions packed: 7" x 5" x 6"
What do Waterproof Ratings Mean?
We sell performance and Time in the Rain™. Most Brellas have a 20,000mm waterproof rating and Gore-tex has a 28,000mm rating so we are close in performance but at a more affordable price.
The higher the mm number, the longer the rain jacket can withstand rain intensity + pressure:
Protection rating mm
- Water resistant 0-2K
- Waterproof 2-5K
- Brella 2020 20K
- Gore-Tex® 28K Generally 2X - 4X more expensive than a Brella
|WATERPROOF RATING (MM)||Water Resistance Provided||Conditions|
|0-5,000 mm||No resistance to some resistance to moisture.||Light rain, dry snow, no pressure.|
|6,000-10,000 mm||Rainproof and waterproof under light pressure.||Light rain, average snow, light pressure.|
|11,000-15,000 mm||Rainproof and waterproof except under high pressure.||Moderate rain, average snow, light pressure.|
|16,000-20,000 mm||Rainproof and waterproof under high pressure.||Heavy rain, wet snow, some pressure. Think PNW.|
|20,000 mm+||Rainproof and waterproof under very high pressure.||Heavy rain, wet snow, high pressure.|